This is a great time to be raising awareness of health care professionals about Lymphoedema and often it is the simple things they can do that make a huge difference in reducing prevalence, severity, and impact of Lymphoedema by early recognition and intervention. If you are a healthcare professional whose work involves caring for people with lymphoedema / chronic oedema or the many people at risk of developing lymphoedema, become a member of BLS and harness the support of the membership to help improve care for the growing number of people who are affected by lymphoedema and other chronic oedemas and their families.
- Strengthening your voice as a lymphoedema professional and ability to raising the profile of lymphoedema and enhance service provision as part of a professional organisation.
- Keeping in touch with what is happening and with other members.
- Opportunities to apply for the Lymphoedema Research Grant (LRG).
- Opportunities to apply for free registration and a travel grant to overseas conferences offered by selected link organisations.
- A Certificate of Membership with permission to use the letters MBLS after your name.
- Access to resources (e.g. webinars, publications) and tools to develop your knowledge, practice and service.
- Publicity/tips and resources for your Lymphoedema Awareness Week campaigns and events.
- Opportunities for your own professional and personal development and shaping the future of our organisation.
- Discounted registration for annual conference.
- Directory entry for your service
"I value my membership of BLS the news that now comes through regularly, so I always feel in touch. I wouldn't get this any other way. There is always something new being added for members to help them develop practice"
Our Working GroupsTo address specific short-term projects, BLS brings together working groups with agreed Terms of Reference, aims and a work plan. BLS members with a keen interest in contributing to the project may request to join the group.
Our Scientific Commitee
The scientific committee includes doctors, therapists, academics and researchers all with a keen interest in research. It comprises full and honorary members.
Our PatronProfessor Peter Mortimer is an Honorary Member of the Society. He has been a significant influence in the field of lymphoedema, being one of the founding members of the Society in 1985. He has contributed greatly to our understanding of the condition
BLS membership is multi professional, comprising nurses, physiotherapists, doctors, occupational therapists, manual lymphatic drainage therapists, others with an interest in lymphoedema including its treatment and corporate members.
Our Regional RepresentativesRegional Representatives are members of BLS who undertake to facilitate networking of members in their area. They are key advocates of the Society who make a valuable contribution to enhancement of communication and liaison between local members.
Support UsAs a Charity donations and fundraising are vital to support our work; there are many ways to help us to make a difference for people with lymphoedema.
Our TrusteesOur Trustees are BLS members, elected and supported by members to work on their behalf and ensure the legal and governance requirements as a registered charity are met.
Become a valued member - be part of the most dynamic organisation in the UK for Lymphoedema Professionals! BLS currently has over four hundred members. Nurses and Physiotherapists form the major section of the membership along with doctors, Occupational therapists and Manual Lymphatic Drainage therapists. Membership is open to all healthcare professionals and anyone with an interest in lymphoedema and its treatment, and to corporations and industrial groups that contribute to the advancement
All Healthcare Professionals + Therapists directly involved in the management of lymphoedema
Individual Healthcare Professionals and Therapists who want to be able to have access to the benefits of being a member of the BLS and support the charity.Enroll
Students currently studying full time
Students currently studying lymphoedema related courses who want to be able to have access to the benefits of being a member of the BLS and support the charity. Proof of student status required.Enroll
Unemployed Health Care Professionals
Unemployed Health Care Professionals, who want to be able to have access to the benefits of being a member of the BLS and support the charity. Proof of status required.Enroll