Lymphoedema Assistant and Assistant Practitioner Working Group
In March 2016 the BLS committee formed the Lymphoedema Assistant and Assistant Practitioners (LAAP) working group, this groups purpose was to consider the roles of band 3 and 4 staff working in Lymphoedema. The LAAP Terms of Reference can be found in the resource library under governance.
In October 2017 the working group agreed the following resources that are now available on the BLS website for members in the document library under service development.
- Job descriptions templates for band 3 and band 4 lymphoedema assistant/assistant practitioner posts - Band 3 Click Here & Band 4 Click Here
- Lymphoedema specific competency framework for lymphoedema assistant/ assistant practitioners - Click Here
- Role definitions for a lymphoedema service including lymphoedema assistant/ assistant practitioner posts - Click Here
- Educational opportunities for lymphoedema assistants/ assistant practitioners - Click Here
- UK Health Policy on lymphoedema assistant/ assistant practitioner posts - Click Here
Lymphoedema Assistants and Assistant Practitioners Facebook Group.
We have opened a Facebook page ‘BLS Lymphoedema Assistant Practitioners’ for band 3 and 4 staff to build a network, share ideas, ask questions and help each other develop their roles within lymphoedema. This is a closed group and you need to request to join on the page. Please also spread the word. We would welcome your ideas on what resources you would like and how the BLS can best meet your needs.